- Jumbo Gems (clear) (they measure about 1 1/4" diameter)
- .75 inch (19mm) circle magnets (these are cheapest at Walmart
$5.99 for 50 magnets)
- 1 1/4 inch circle punch (no punch? tracing a rock and cutting by hand is tedious but cheap!)
- Xyron Maching (mod podge or tacky glue works too)
- hot glue gun
- Cute scrapbooking paper, catalog clippings, newspaper,
Making the Magnets:
- Use circle punch to create as many circles as you will make magnets for.
- Xyron Users: feed circles into machine FACE DOWN so decorative side of paper will be sticky. Adhere to flat side of gem.
- Glue Users: Place a dime-size dab of glue in center of paper circle. Place on flat side of gem and then smooth outward. For extra hold and a smoother look, brush entire bottom of gem with glue after paper has been adhered and let dry.
- Hot glue magnets to bottom of gem and Voila! You're done!
- Play with different sized gems, and mix and match for cute sets of magnets.
- Print or stamp letters onto your paper for a more personalized touch
- The black and white magnets pictured here were cut from an old scrapbooking catalog. Don't be afraid to use whatever you have around!